Monday, November 25, 2013

Thanksgiving: a Time to be Grateful

This last month has been a really tough one, but I think we are through at least the illness portion of it.  Buddy really got hit hard this time around, with ear infections in both ears then the croup.  Now its time for Mommy to try and recuperate and get caught up on everything that we are behind on.  A little cleaning therapy never hurt either.

Here is what I am thankful for:

12. Food on the table.
13.  Our readers and followers.
14.  Those who truly support us, allow us to be honest and ourselves without judgment and criticism, and have enough respect for us to not try to control our lives.
15. Freight and the loads, even the ones that intrude onto family time, that pay the bills.
16. For the giving, loving hearts of my children.
17. For Pinterest and all of it's ideas that have brought inspiration to this family and saved us much money.
18.  For the ocean.  There is nothing more calming and soothing then watching the waves, feeling the wind against my face, and feeling the sand between my toes.  Also for all it's symbolism as I watch all my troubles float away beyond the horizon.
19.  For all of the wonderful things I get to see in my husband.  His generosity.  His willingness to help others without getting so much as a thank you in return.  The way he makes time to play with the kids.  His thoughtfulness to me.  His help when he is home.  How hard he works to make sure that we have everything we need.
20.  For all those trials in life that show you who is there standing with you and the way they ultimately make you stronger. 
21.  For God, who even when it seems like he couldn't be further away is actually right beside me.
22.  For all those things that make life beautiful.  A simple flower given by a child, an unexpected blessing, a kind word.
23.  Seeing things through the eyes of a child.  How much joy and excitement the little things in life bring them and reminding me to see those small things and appreciate them.
24.  To be able to experience the joy of giving.  I'm also thankful that we have been able to find ways to increase our giving without putting our limited budget in jeapordy.
25.  For those that actually take the time and ask the questions to truly gain a better understanding of truck driving and the lifestyle it creates. 

What are you most thankful for this Thanksgiving season?

No comments:

Post a Comment