Monday, November 18, 2013

Appreciating my Trucker

This time of year tends to be very hard for us.  Not only because freight slows down, but because we both have been going all year and are now burned out.  Trucking is a very stressful and unappreciated industry.  Truckers and their families make many, many sacrifices.  Missing important family moments, missing out on family time in general, the spouses and families can be pushed to the breaking point.  But the general public tends to look down on truckers instead of giving a thank you that they have food, clothes, and everything they need.  Everything tends to get more crazy around the holidays.  I know I personally hate driving in that traffic and am very glad that I don't have to do it for a living.
So for the 25 days of Christmas, I try to have notes of appreciation and things I love about my trucker for him to take with him on the truck.  It isn't much, but it's something to hopefully give him that little bit of encouragement in a very thankless job.  Something to help him get through that last little stretch of time until he can take some time with his family. 

What do you do to show your trucker appreciation while he is out on the road?

No comments:

Post a Comment