Monday, August 5, 2013

Trucking Kids - Favorite All About Me Project

One of my favorite projects for an all about me theme is a life size drawing of the child.  I just finished doing this project with Princess and Buddy.


Materials Needed:
  • Roll of Craft Paper
  • Scissors
  • Pen
  • Black Marker
  • Markers or Crayons
  • Mirror
First I rolled out the paper and had Princess lay on it.  Then I traced around her with the pen.  (If doing this project with a toddler an extra adult to help keep the child still really helps!)   Then Princess got up and I made any touch ups that needed to be made.  Then I traced the whole thing with a black marker.  Next Princess got to decorate it.
How we handled the decorating depended on the age.  For Buddy (22 months old), I drew the face.  I chose the colors that matched his hair and eyes, gave him the markers and asked if he could color where his hair/eyes were.  He chose the rest of the colors and I would name the color and the body area he was coloring as he colored it.
Princess (age 4), drew her own face and chose all her own colors.  I told her I wanted it to look like her and we talked about what colors her hair, eyes and lips were.  She decided what she wanted to be wearing and colored it accordingly.  I helped when asked (mainly drawing the outlines of things like the crown and butterfly).  They were so excited to do this project and cannot wait to hang them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment