Thursday, August 15, 2013

All About Me Collage

At the end of each birth year I like to make a "What I was Like at __" page.  Since Princess is getting to an age where she can participate I decided to make it an "all about me collage" with her doing as much as she could.

First she decorated her number 3 any way that she wanted to.
Then we did a little interview which included:
  • Favorite Color
  • Favorite Game
  • Favorite Books or Types of Books
  • Favorite Toy
  • Favorite TV Shows/ Movies
  • Favorite Foods
  • What Activities She Likes To Do
  • Significant Firsts (In our case Princess had just learned to read her first word)
  • The Pets That They Have
I then found pictures and stickers of her favorite characters and the things that are important to her to decorate the pages with.
Our next little project was tracing her hands and taking her fingerprints.  After several attempts from both myself and my husband we found the best way to do this was to color her fingertip with washable marker.
Princess loves to see how much she has grown, so we included a little blurb on how much she has grown in the past year.
Another fun little project was to give Princess a person template and let her draw herself the way she sees herself.  I put this between 2 pictures of her that where taken when she was 3 that really reflect her personality.
For the final touch, I wrote out all the words to her favorite song (along with the title and who it's by).
Princess was so happy to be able to help Mommy make her memory book.  And I have a lot of priceless memories of making these pages with her, making them even more special for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment