Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Trucker Kids - Precious Moments

I love how even my 2 year old can sense when Daddy is coming home.  He fights sleep on these nights, doing everything in his power to stay awake.  This time was no different.  Usually as soon as Daddy gets home Buddy gets his hug and wants me to put him to bed.  Not this time.  He heard the lock start to turn and he looked at me and said "Dah..y?"  Then he ran over to the couch and peered over the top as the door started to open and again said "Dah..y?"  When Daddy walked through the door, Buddy's face lit up with a huge smile and he said "Dah..y!"  I asked him if he wanted a hug.  Little Buddy got off the couch as quickly as he could, ran to Daddy and latched onto his leg.  That night he wanted to cuddle with Daddy until he fell asleep. 
I love moments like this.  Not only does it make the Colonel feel great when he gets a greeting like that after being on the road, but it helps me to know that the kids are connecting with him.  One of those lovely melt Mommy's heart moments that I thought I would share.

No comments:

Post a Comment